Posted on November 9th, 2012 by Barry Collins

Four ways to get PC Pro every month

PC Pro 221

At the risk of sounding like a Stephen Fry voice-over, it’s never been easier to get your hands on PC Pro every month. We now have four different ways to pick up the magazine in either print or digital form, and to help you decide which suits you best, I’m going to run through the options here.

PC Pro Enhanced

PC Pro Enhanced is designed from the ground-up for the iPad (any generation) and the iPad mini, and it contains almost all* of the regular magazine content, plus a selection of interactive features.

You’ll find 360-degree photography and video of the month’s leading reviews, interactive walkthroughs that allow you to swipe to the next step on the iPad whilst you’re following on your PC, and audio snippets from the PC Pro podcast team throughout the magazine.

To download the latest issue, search for “PC Pro Enhanced” in the iTunes Store, and download the free app. Each edition costs £3.99, subscriptions start from £19.99, or you can try three issues for £1 by clicking here.

If you downloaded the PC Pro Enhanced app during our free beta test period, please make sure you’ve updated the app to the latest version to ensure you can activate subscriptions.

Current PC Pro print magazine subscribers can add PC Pro Enhanced to their subscription for only £8 per year.

(*The only content excluded is the cover disc pages, which are obviously irrelevant without the magazine cover disc)

PC Pro Replica for iOS and Android

The predecessor to PC Pro Enhanced has been renamed PC Pro Replica, and is a digital facsimile of the paper magazine.

Containing all the content from the magazine, bar the cover disc pages, this app allows you to flick through the pages of the magazine, just like a paper magazine. You can zoom and pan to read articles in more detail, but unlike PC Pro Enhanced it’s not specifically designed for the tablet/phone screen and there’s no extra, interactive content.

It’s available on iOS and Android, with the Google play version including a neat text mode, which strips out the text and images for reading in a clear, resizable font.

iPad owners who purchased subscriptions to PC Pro Magazine for iOS directly from Dennis Publishing can transfer to PC Pro Enhanced free of charge. Unfortunately, we cannot extend that offer to customers who purchased subscriptions through the iTunes Store, because Apple does not share subscriber details with us.

PC Pro on Zinio for iOS, Android and Windows

If you’re not an iOS user, you can still get a digital facsimile of the print magazine via Zinio. This app works on Android, Windows and iOS, giving you access on a wide range of tablets and smartphones.

Each issue is fully searchable, and you can bookmark articles and individual pages for later reading.

Individual issues cost £2.99, with an annual subscription costing £31.99.

PC Pro magazine

Finally, we come to the mothership – the good old, fully bathroom compatible print magazine. Subscribers get the magazine delivered to their doorstep a week or more before it appears on the newsagent or digital shelves, and it also includes a CD/DVD (depending on which version you buy) full of great software every month.

Best of all, its batteries never run out.

PC Pro magazine costs £4.99 for the CD edition or £5.99 for the DVD. Annual print subscriptions cost £49.99, but you can take our no-commitment trial of your first three issues for only £1 by clicking here.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Posted in: Random

18 Responses to “ Four ways to get PC Pro every month ”

1. Needale Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Any chance of a PDF version? I find Zinio just gets in the way..

2. aa111 Says:
    November 9th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Asked about PDF version PC Pro team few times during their Friday “question time”, but never got any answer. iPhone/Zinio DRM versions are OK for reading current issue, but are useless for archiving. There are maximum couple of articles in each magazine which I want to keep so there is no point stacking paper magazines. I currently end up scanning interesting articles and saving them as searchable PDFs. Pretty old fashioned but works…

3. Christopher Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 12:33 am

Linux Format offer a PDF of issues going back years for free to their subscribers. It is slightly more expensive however it would be nice if PC Pro offered the same service as currently I can’t have PC Pro on my Nexus 7 :( I received my last issue and will re-subscribe if this becomes available.

4. Martin Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 8:02 am

I might use Zinio if it was £1. I purchased it last month but you don’t seem to get as much out of it compared to the print version which I randomly browse through.

5. Mike Walsh Says:
    November 10th, 2012 at 8:38 am

I would like to see the replica edition available **as one subscription** for both iOS and Android (at the same price as one of these).

This is possible because for instance “Der Spiegel” (ask Darien!) offers it – you subscribe at their site and get a user code which works for both versions.

The reason is simple. I have both an iPad(2) and a Nexus7 and will be using the iPad at home only in future with mainly just the Nexus7 travelling with me.

(Yes I know an iPad Mini instead of the Nexus7 would solve the problem but this way I can “play” with two OS’s.)

6. Brian Says:
    November 13th, 2012 at 10:47 am

7. Surefire Says:
    November 14th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

“When are we going to get a cheaper print version without the unnecessary/unwanted CD/DVDs?”

this.

Although the way the mag is rushing headlong to becoming a second rate Apple platform I can’t see it lasting much longer.

8. Alan Ralph Says:
    November 16th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I’ve been a subscriber to PC Pro via Zinio for a few years now – my cupboards have a lot more room in them as a result – but I’ve been impressed by the sample issue of PC Pro Enhanced on the iPad, and have decided that I’ll switch over to that in future. That isn’t to say that the Zinio version isn’t good – I liked the ability to read text-only version of the articles and news items – but the Enhanced app has the major advantage (to my eyes, literally) of being more readable full stop.

This brings up another matter, and something that I’ve taken an interest in lately, namely how various magazines are adjusting their content for digital distribution. In spite of their being a lot more options available for converting magazine content for screen display – and not all of them are tied to Apple’s platform – a lot of magazines are still going down the facsimile route, with only a few of those offering concessions like article text.

9. Kendrick Says:
    December 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added
    I get several emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Cheers!

10. Jon Says:
    December 7th, 2012 at 8:20 am

aa111 said
    “iPhone/Zinio DRM versions are OK for reading current issue, but are useless for archiving.”

Why are they useless for archiving?

11. Rob Says:
    January 12th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Key detail missing: How much does the PC Pro Replica cost and where can I get it?

12. Maynard Says:
    February 20th, 2013 at 10:20 am

May I simply just say what a relief to find someone that actually understands what they’re discussing online. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people really need to look at this and understand this side of your story. It’s surprising you’re not more popular because you surely have the gift. by Gonzalo see my site Maynard

13. Keefe Higgins Says:
    March 21st, 2013 at 2:44 am

Its funny, I still have the standard print subscription even though I have several tablets. I think its time to go the Zinio route.

14. Glenn Says:
    April 16th, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I used to subscribe to the paper version and loved it. Stopped when os due to cost and delays as am in nz now.

Really would like to subscribe to the enhanced version. If you could release one for android.

15. agencja interaktywna poznan Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
    I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog
    posts from you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog now ;)

16. truck Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 5:18 am

I am actually thankful to the owner of this web site who has shared this great
    post at here.

17. Richard Norris Says:
    August 12th, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I can’t believe there is still no android version! Come on Dennis!

18. Gill Holmes Says:
    August 22nd, 2014 at 2:38 pm

As a long-time subscriber (10+ years) I find it a pain to store 100s of old copies. It would be good if you could possibly allow subscribers to download pdf copies which are, let’s say, 1 year old. For me, the only sensible alternative would be to chop off the spine, and scan each page through a scanner – OR – Just chuck them away (a shame).